Parent Portal & Communication:
Chattanooga Lactation, LLC uses MilkNotes, a HIPPA compliant web-based app, to communicate with medical providers and clients. Once you book, you will receive a link to our parent portal via email. Please fill this out as soon as possible. After your consultation, within 24 hours of your appointment time, you will be able to access your care plan for each appointment, send messages directly to Ashley Lucas, RN, IBCLC. Telehealth is also available through MilkNotes. Followup visits you will be required to update your parent portal for each visit and submit. I will receive an email confirming you have completed the chart. For direct access go to https://app.milknotes.com/#/parent-login You are responsible for completing intake forms PRIOR to your scheduled appointment or appointment will be canceled and will need to reschedule. Cancellation fee may apply.
I do not respond to texts or emails after 9pm–8am. If an email or text arrives during the work day, I may not be able to respond until the evening or the following morning. I try to respond to all client communications within 24 hours.
If it’s an emergency please notify your Primary Doctor, Pediatrician, or go to an Urgent Care/ER.
My phone call’s may go to voicemail and I will respond by email or secure messaging through MilkNotes if you are a client. I do not do phone consultations but offer Virtual consultations that can be scheduled through MilkNotes.
I respond to appointment requests as quickly as possible, and take all appointments through my online booking portal through Milknotes located under Scheduling or book now.
The Lactation Network :
- To find out if your insurance is covered through The Lactation Network, use this link: https://go.lactationnetwork.com/ChattanoogaLactation
- Chattanooga Lactation, LLC partners with The Lactation Network to allow direct billing of services for ALL PNOA and MULTIPLAN and most PPO plans with Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Premera BCBS PPO, Highmark BCBS PPO, Cigna PPO-multiplan/Open Access, and Anthem PPO insurance. Clients will submit their insurance information to be verified by The Lactation Network. If your insurance is approved, you will receive email verification for 6 visits with no out of pocket cost. Chattanooga Lactation, LLC will request additional visits for medical necessity, if more than 6 visits are needed. If your insurance company is not approved by The Lactation Network, you are considered out of pocket client and will be responsible for paying for all services out of pocket.
- Insurance verification must be completed prior to your visit in order for The Lactation Network to verify your benefits and respond, It takes less than 24 hours or less to hear back from The Lactation Network via Email. Once insurance is approved, you will be required to sign an Assignment of Benefits form with The Lactation Network to allow billing of your visit. You will be responsible for payment if you do not sign.
- Chattanooga Lactation is not involved with your insurance verification or billing. If you have questions pertaining insurance, please email [email protected].
Self Pay Clients:
Chattanooga Lactation is out-of-network for all insurance plans outside of The Lactation Network billing. I understand this practice accepts only fee for service at time of service. It is my responsibility to pursue reimbursement for lactation services from my insurance company. This practice does not bill for insurance reimbursement and is not a provider on any insurance plan. Reimbursement is not guaranteed, but filing is suggested.
You will get 1 week of Email and secure messaging within MilkNotes.
When you book your appointment, you are holding a space on our calendar that is no longer available to our other patients. In order to be respectful of your fellow patients, please text Ashley Lucas, RN, IBCLC as soon as you know you will not be able to make your appointment.
If cancellation is necessary, we require that you call or text at least 24 hours in advance. Appointments are in high demand, and your advanced notice will allow another patient access to that appointment time. $75 Cancelation fee
How to Cancel Your Appointment
If you need to cancel your appointment, please call or Text us at 423-619-3622 between the hours of 0800 to 8pm. If necessary, you may leave a detailed voicemail message. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Chattanooga Lactation serves the Chattanooga Area and some surrounding areas. For home visits $75 Service fee will be applied to those covered with Lactation Network. For self -pay it will be case by case basis depending how many miles. This is additional fee and not billable by The Lactation Network. Not billable with super-bill for self pay clients. Office option available at a reduced rate for those that are out of my servicing area.
Illness and Covid-19
By agreeing to my illness policy you are confirming that no-one in your household sick or exposed to known sickness:
Please reschedule if you or anyone in your house hold is sick with any viruses as I work with a vulnerable population and do not want to spread germs house to house. Text/call 423-619-3622
- If your child is home sick or in quarantine. Please reschedule.
- Has a fever (Higher than 100.3 degrees), sore throat, cough, chills, body aches for unknown reasons, has shortness of breath for unknown reasons, and/or has a loss of smell or taste
- Has tested positive for COVID-19 in the past week, and/or suspects or assumes they have COVID-19
- Has had close contact with someone who tested positive or is assumed to have COVID-19 in the past 10 days
- Has taken a PCR test recently due to COVID symptoms and/or being a close contact of someone with COVID and is waiting for test results
If the answer to any of the above questions is yes, please contact me immediately so we can discuss. I will NOT charge a cancellation fee if our visit is cancelled due to illness!