How to prepare for your in-home visit with the lactation consultant:
- Please do your best to fill out your medical chart that is sent to you via email once you book your visit. It should take about 8-10 minutes. This helps gives you personalized care specific to your unique needs.
- Write down any questions you want to have answered.
- Have everything ready for feeding that you are currently using and within reach. This may include a nursing pillow, blankets, burp clothes, pump, bottles, formula, haakaa, nipple shields, nipple creams, etc.
- Try to feed your baby 2 hours before the scheduled consult. If your baby wakes up crying before I get to your house, please let me know. You can give your baby a “snack” to settle until I get there.
- Have a 24 hour log ready to show how often your baby has been feeding, stooling, and voiding.
- Have your baby’s weight history available.
- Have your breast pump clean and ready for use if you are also requesting assistance with pumping or a flange fitting.
- I will need a hard level surface to put my infant weight scale on for the weighted feeding.
- We will breastfeed where you feel most comfortable.
- Rest, relax, and keep your Pj’s on. Please don’t clean your house. I am here for you and your baby not your home.
- AFTER VISIT:
- You may email or use secure messaging within your Parent Portal to communicate after our visit. Prefer texting for emergencies, if possible. I will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Check your junk mail folder if you don’t see my care plans.
- You can view your care plan in the Parent Portal within 24 hrs or less after the visit.
Current Clients – access your patient portal here to view your messages and care plans.
- LOGIN PARENT PORTAL: https://app.milknotes.com/#/parent-login